Halloween Costumes – Recycle Ideas for Adults
After the summer months there are three big celebrations before the end of the year. Halloween in October, Thanksgiving in November, and Christmas in December. The costumes can be worn in all three events for private parties, public functions, school and church activities, theater and other social functions.
If you are a very busy person, you may want to recycle your costume from last year to give it a new look and save time. It is not difficult to do so. Here are some suggestions for you to think about how to redesign the costume.
Changing the fabric of the costume can be as simple as dyeing it in other colors, changing the blouse, shirt, skirt or pants, adding or removing fabric accessories such as scarves and ribbons, using certain larger parts of the garment by filling them with cotton. padding or creating rips or rips in the garment.
Change or replace accessories:
- Put on a gold wig and other facial hair.
- Use a different mask or apply face makeup
- Wear a large rubber nose or ears
- Wear unusual glasses
- Change the gender of clothes
- Change your shoes or walk on stilts or use roller skates.
After making these new changes, another character will emerge.
If you want to make another costume instead of recycling, here is a list of steps to start the process of a new costume.
- Choose a character
- Select a mask, face makeup, or an alternative method to cover your head and face.
- Check the contents of the drawings on your closet and desk.
- Wear hairpieces, facial hair, ornaments, scarves, or hats.
- Essential accessories
If there are clothes, accessories or accessories that cannot be built with your skills, rent or buy that item.
The most important first step is the choice of character. Draw and write your description on a sheet of paper. Allow mistakes to occur here, not after starting to make the costume.
Make a list of supplies needed for sewing, assembling, and building.
Designing and putting together a costume should be as much fun as attending a Halloween party. Time management is important to avoid unnecessary stress.
It’s in the details. Another element of design is perfecting accessories. A particular hairstyle or props complete the character’s appearance. A witch wears a pointed hat and rides a broom, a clown has a red nose, a wizard carries a magic wand, and an angel has wings.
Depending on the personality, it is convenient to make sure that the identification pillar is available. Sometimes this can be a problem. I made this mistake once and will not do it again!
- Know how the costume will be worn:
- Is it a private party or a public event?
- Will it take place indoors or outdoors?
- Are you participating in a parade?
- Is there a costume contest? What are the categories?
These questions will help determine whether the clothing should be worn under or over the costume to provide coolness or warmth, the strength of the garments and accessories to hold together in the outdoor climate and comfortable for hours of wear.