10 marketing tips for your business
Here are some ideas to get you started, all with little or no cost, that should especially help you in the early days of your business.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but they are just a few ideas to get you started.
1. Get a domain name in the name of your business or what you do. Marketing is about building the perception that others have of you and using hotmail, aol, blueyonder, etc. just yell “I’m a one man band working at home”, even if you’re not!
2. Print some business cards. Keep them clear and concise, and don’t forget the back.
3. Think of a logo and a brand. This may just be a color scheme for starters, but keep it consistent throughout. From business cards to letterhead for your website.
4. Ask people you know to introduce you to other people who could benefit from your service or products.
5. Collect testimonials and case studies from satisfied customers. Use them to provide evidence of how good you are.
6. Hold seminars and workshops for your target audience.
7. Learn more about public relations. Public relations is free and you get more exposure than if you advertise.
8. Use good quality paper for your business stationery, going back to perceptions again.
9. Write an executive summary about your business. Use it as a base for brochures, an email attachment, a letter appendix, or anywhere else you need to define what you do as part of your marketing activity.
10. Get out there and network. Attend free seminars and networking events to meet other people who could help your business. You can also network online through various discussion groups and networking sites. Don’t forget to see how you can help others, don’t just be a receiver.